Meet us @ IRT Symposium
When: 27–28 June, 2017
Where: NDR, Hamburg, Germany
What is it?
This two-day expert symposium AI and Deep Learning in the Media Future features practical applications and developments across diverse topical areas, ranging from robot journalism and data-mining to intelligent assistants. The program covers key aspects of the changing media landscape, which is increasingly shaped by artificial intelligence (AI) and related technologies. The symposium is organised by ARD.ZDF Medienakademie and IRT–Institut für Rundfunktechnik. It is a follow-up to their 2015 conference on Big Data. Topics include:
- convergence and AI, AI and digital content, social networks and AI
- deep learning
- human machine interaction
- AI in workflows, AI as a creative partner, AI on demand
Why are we there?
We have three good reasons to attend this conference:
- On Day 2, Birgit Gray of DW Innovation will speak about Data and Automation in Media: New Big Data Tools for Journalists. In her talk she presents possible usage scenarios for eight journalism tools, which have been developed as demonstrators in the News-Stream research project (one of our current R&D efforts). The presentation also covers the wider context for these tools: media areas where data and automation apply, changing workflows, and added value.
- On both days of the symposium DW Innovation participates in the demonstration of these tools. We invite you to visit the News-Stream stand in the entrance area and test them.
- Finally, the IRT symposium is a great opportunity to network and exchange ideas with other attendees from diverse media innovation backgrounds: programming, production and technology in the IT, publishing, research and start-up sectors.
DateMonday, June 26th, 2017