Search Results for Tag: television
Euromaxx brings home 10th WorldFest award
DW has once again been recognized for its work with Euromaxx. This past weekend, the six-part series “The XX Factor” received a Platinum Remi Award at the 45th Annual WorldFest – Houston International Film Festival. Euromaxx reporter Nadja Scholz, who hosted the series, was in Houston to accept the award from festival director Hunter Todd. The XX Factor takes a look at six women in Europe who have had successful careers in typically male-dominated industries – from DJ to auto designers.
This is the 10th time that Euromaxx has received an award at the WorldFest Houston.
Date2012-04-24 | 9:34
Market roundup: April 2012
The Chilean channel ARTV has noticeably increased the number of DW shows it broadcasts in the last month. A DW premium partner, ARTV is now showing Claves, Euromaxx and Cultura 21 in Spanish. ARTV is one of the most important DTH and cable platforms in Chile and reaches more than 2.5 million viewers.
The Indonesian video portal Okezone has included DW in its lineup. The video and streaming website, which is managed by cable giant Indovision, has started broadcasting DW’s English television channel. Okezone has more than 1 million potential users and offers livestreams of Indonesian and international channels as well as offering an on-demand package.
Sansar Cable in Mongolia is also broadcasting DW’s English television channel to its more than 80,000 households in the capitol city of Ulaan Bator.
DW has expanded its cooperation with Nine Six International Radio in Pakistan, which will now provide DW programming to three further stations on the border to Afghanistan. The stations will be broadcasting DW in Urdu. Also in Pakistan, DW has signed a new partnership with a web-radio provider. Pakistan Sounds will be broadcasting 12 programs and two language courses in Urdu, Pashtu and English.
Date2012-04-04 | 4:04
New look and programming at MIPTV
Deutsche Welle (DW) is in Cannes, France, this week for MIPTV. Our distribution executives will be speaking to partners and buyers about the new range of programming options that we have to offer as well as the recent changes that have taken place. We will also be showcasing the first conference stand that has integrated the new corporate identity.
Date2012-04-02 | 12:49
DW to showcase its diversity at MIPTV
DW Transtel has announced its lineup for MIPTV 2012, adding a new HD title to its already thought-provoking range of programming. With multi-genre content ranging from current affairs, economics and politics to arts, culture, lifestyle and science, the new programming palette is tailored to today’s educated audience. DW will be presenting these titles and many more at MIPTV in Cannes from April 1-4.
“DW is very committed to sharing the European perspective to audiences around the world,” says Petra Schneider, DW’s Director of Distribution. “We do this by presenting the facts, explaining contexts and analyzing background information. With a focus on science, culture and education, we make sure that everything we produce is precise, relevant and easy to grasp.”
The high-quality content from DW Transtel is always presented in an entertaining way and developed with the viewers in mind. “Opinion leaders and the generally curious have always looked to DW for new insights and viewpoints from Europe that aren’t available from other sources,” added Schneider.
- Ecopia – Intelligent Building, Sustainable Living (3×30’) (HD), an innovative look at the urban landscape, presenting groundbreaking ideas from the areas of ecological architecture and urban development.
- Uncovered (7×30’), a compelling documentary series shows the secrets hiding beneath the surface. Where greed leads to the establishment of businesses that bend the law – or even break it.
- By the River, By the Water (8×30’), crossing climate zones and continents to show how rivers define the surrounding landscape as well as the people who live on their shores.
- Assignment X (7×30’), following scientists and researchers on a fundamental journey for knowledge. An adventure to unknown territories and to find answers and explanations.
- Let’s Do Business (6×30’), an entertaining look behind the scenes of the financial world. Real people with really unusual lives. It’s not about the numbers – it’s about the stories behind the numbers.
- Land of Loveliness (31×3’-5’), a travelogue featuring roving reporter Michael Wigge and his own particular brand of humor. Across the length and breadth of Germany to discover, and uncover, famous sites and best-kept secrets.
All programming is available in English, other languages are available dependent on title. For more information, visit DW Transtel at MIPTV, April 1-4, 2012 at Booth 19.14.
Date2012-03-29 | 9:54
‘Overhauling operations’ in TV Real
Guido Baumhauer, DW’s Managing Director of Distribution, Marketing and Strategy, was recently interviewed by TV Real Weekly about the upcoming changes at DW.
“This overhaul is actually the biggest in Deutsche Welle’s history,” Baumhauer says. “We are now bringing our multiplatform strategy to life.”
Find out more about what he had to say about the new direction DW is taking here.
Date2012-02-02 | 9:59