Bloomen Week (May 25-29): Free virtual event on blockchain technology for media asset management
Are you a musician, photographer, video producer, digital content manager or legal consultant in the media industry? Make sure you don’t miss the upcoming week of demos, presentations and talks hosted by the Bloomen consortium.
Over the last couple of years, EU research project Bloomen has developed a number of pilots that use blockchain technology to improve the management of audio/music, photo, and video assets. Innovations based on decentralized, distributed digital ledgers include:
- verification of contributors
- claims and ownership management
- securement of license and usage rights in trustable form over long time
- new business models with digital wallets (e.g. for niche market video streaming)
From May 25 to 29, 2020, the Bloomen consortium will showcase everything that has been developed so far and discuss innovative media management with all kinds of experts, users, and stakeholders. Look forward to an entire week of demos, presentations, talks – and a blockchain hackathon!
Special guests include:
- Blòkur, UK: Better music rights data
- Copytrack, DE: Blocking photo and image theft
- Electi Consulting, CY: Privacy preserving techniques in the DLT space
- Photochain, EE: Focus on creators
- Revelator, IL: Faster royalty payments
- TEOSTO; FI: Building blocks for the collective management organizations of the future
- UNIC Institute for the Future, CY: Enabling the digital currency community – what is the status of CBDCs?
Bloomen Week is an online event and completely free of charge. Go to the official Bloomen website to check out the full schedule and register for the individual days of the event:
- Bloomen Photo Day (May 25th)
- Bloomen Music Day (May 26th)
- Bloomen Video Day (May 27th)
- Bloomen Hackathon (May 28th & 29th)
Also don’t forget to follow Bloomen on Twitter for updates.
Enjoy Bloomen Week!
(Photo by Rodion Kutsaev on Unsplash)
DateThursday, May 14th, 2020