Search Results for Tag: Summit bid
No news yet from Nanga Parbat
The internet is to blame. Today we are used to following expeditions on the highest mountains and in the remotest regions of the world almost in real time via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or blogs. Our perception has changed as well: Much faster than before, we assume something must have happened if we do not hear anything for longer than expected. So what’s up with Tomek Mackiewicz and Elisabeth Revol, who wanted to reach the summit of Nanga Parbat this Thursday? The answer is simple: We do not know yet.
Date26. January 2018 | 0:59
TagsElisabeth Revol, Nanga Parbat, Summit bid, Tomek Mackiewicz, winter expedition, Winterexpedition
Nanga Parbat summit bid on Thursday
Ready, go! “We are at 7,300 (meters). Terrible fight,” Tomek Mackiewicz is quoted on his Facebook page in telegram style. “If weather permits, tomorrow summit.” If not now, when?, we could add. On Thursday, by far the lowest wind speeds this week are expected for the 8,125 meter summit of Nanga Parbat: 20 to 25 km/h. In addition a few clouds and temperatures of minus 42 degrees Celsius. Thereafter, the wind is to refresh again and reach storm strength at the weekend.
Date24. January 2018 | 16:40
TagsDenis Urubko, Elisabeth Revol, K2, Nanga Parbat, Summit bid, Tomek Mackiewicz, Winter Expeditions
Decision on Nanga Parbat postponed, Urubko in Camp 2 on K2
Do you already have aching muscles from keeping fingers crossed? Your pain could become even stronger. Because the summit bid of the Pole Tomek Mackiewicz and the Frenchwoman Elisabeth Revol that was expected already for Sunday is delayed. “We are in Camp 3, (it’s) windy (with speeds of) about 100 km/h,” Tomek is quoted today on his Facebook page. “Tomorrow Camp 4, summit push (on) 25 January. Good weather (is expected for) that day.” In fact, the weather forecast for the summit at 8,125 meters predicts for Thursday the lowest wind speeds this week: between 15 and 25 km/h. Assuming this forecast is correct, it will be almost calm, however with minus 42 degrees Celsius quite cold, some clouds are expected. Mackiewicz and Revol climb without bottled oxygen.
Date22. January 2018 | 14:53
TagsAlex Txikon, Denis Urubko, Elisabeth Revol, K2, Mount Everest, Muhammad Ali Sadpara, Nanga Parbat, Pumori, Summit bid, Tomek Mackiewicz, Winter Expeditions
Summit bid on Nanga Parbat, Txikon on top of Pumori
It’s time for the Pole Tomek Mackiewicz and the Frenchwoman Elisabeth Revol this Sunday. According to Polish media information, the two climbers wanted to start at 2 a.m. local time (Saturday 10 p.m. CET) from their last high camp at 7,200 meters towards the summit. It will be their first and last attempt, it said. For Sunday, clear weather with temperatures of minus 33 degrees Celsius and wind speeds of about 60 kilometers per hour is expected for the highest point of Nanga Parbat at 8,125 meters. Mackiewicz and Revol are climbing without bottled oxygen.
Date20. January 2018 | 22:16
TagsAlex Txikon, Elisabeth Revol, K2, Mount Everest, Muhammad Ali Sadpara, Nanga Parbat, Pumori, Summit bid, Tomek Mackiewicz, Winter Expeditions