Search Results for Tag: Ecopia
Ecopia’s focus on building a sustainable future strikes a chord, wins awards
DW’s In Focus has always presented an endless variety of insightful and educational documentaries and one of their new productions, Ecopia, is a must-see for everyone who loves cities and architecture. The six part TV-series on “intelligent building and sustainable living” recently won awards at three European film festivals.
The entire series won the grand prize in the “People and Society” category at the Ekofilm awards in the Czech Republic. Part six of the series, “Tourism goes green”, won the jury prize at the Tourfilm festival, also in the Czech Republic. Part five of the series, “Modern Culture Temples”, received a special mention at the European Environment Festival, “Green Wave – 21 Century”, in Bulgaria.
The series features in-depth reporting with architects and experts on ecological building projects and urban planning in places like New York, Hamburg, London and many other places in almost every corner of the world. Watch it now online.
Date2013-10-10 | 12:55
DW Transtel at MIPCOM 2012
DW Transtel will be covering a vibrant spectrum at this year’s MIPCOM with new shows like The Allure of Nature, Art Beats and Beyond Progress, as well as a range of new episodes from favorites like Ecopia and Struggle for Survival.
“Our strength has always been in the areas of documentaries, infotainment and European culture – and we continue to find different ways to inspire and capture the imagination of our audiences worldwide,” said Petra Schneider, DW’s Director of Distribution. “Our viewers may have different backgrounds, lifestyles and interests, but what they have in common is a need for interesting, new insights and viewpoints not available from other sources.”
New programming titles
- The Allure of Nature casts a spotlight on the breathtaking images of nature from the most unusual perspectives. The color and texture of the natural world is captured from unexpected angles to reveal not only its beauty but also the power it wields.
- Beyond Progress casts a critical light on the scientific and techno-logical achievements of our time and discusses their ecological, eco-nomic and ethical impact and questions the value and price of those achievements.
- Art Beats celebrates the unsung heroes of culture; street musicians and graffiti artists, samba and tango virtuosos, masters of caricature and satire and their power to unite nations and peoples.
For more information, visit us at Booth 19.14. at MIPCOM 2012 from October 8-11.
Date2012-10-07 | 10:07
New look and programming at MIPTV
Deutsche Welle (DW) is in Cannes, France, this week for MIPTV. Our distribution executives will be speaking to partners and buyers about the new range of programming options that we have to offer as well as the recent changes that have taken place. We will also be showcasing the first conference stand that has integrated the new corporate identity.
Date2012-04-02 | 12:49
DW to showcase its diversity at MIPTV
DW Transtel has announced its lineup for MIPTV 2012, adding a new HD title to its already thought-provoking range of programming. With multi-genre content ranging from current affairs, economics and politics to arts, culture, lifestyle and science, the new programming palette is tailored to today’s educated audience. DW will be presenting these titles and many more at MIPTV in Cannes from April 1-4.
“DW is very committed to sharing the European perspective to audiences around the world,” says Petra Schneider, DW’s Director of Distribution. “We do this by presenting the facts, explaining contexts and analyzing background information. With a focus on science, culture and education, we make sure that everything we produce is precise, relevant and easy to grasp.”
The high-quality content from DW Transtel is always presented in an entertaining way and developed with the viewers in mind. “Opinion leaders and the generally curious have always looked to DW for new insights and viewpoints from Europe that aren’t available from other sources,” added Schneider.
- Ecopia – Intelligent Building, Sustainable Living (3×30’) (HD), an innovative look at the urban landscape, presenting groundbreaking ideas from the areas of ecological architecture and urban development.
- Uncovered (7×30’), a compelling documentary series shows the secrets hiding beneath the surface. Where greed leads to the establishment of businesses that bend the law – or even break it.
- By the River, By the Water (8×30’), crossing climate zones and continents to show how rivers define the surrounding landscape as well as the people who live on their shores.
- Assignment X (7×30’), following scientists and researchers on a fundamental journey for knowledge. An adventure to unknown territories and to find answers and explanations.
- Let’s Do Business (6×30’), an entertaining look behind the scenes of the financial world. Real people with really unusual lives. It’s not about the numbers – it’s about the stories behind the numbers.
- Land of Loveliness (31×3’-5’), a travelogue featuring roving reporter Michael Wigge and his own particular brand of humor. Across the length and breadth of Germany to discover, and uncover, famous sites and best-kept secrets.
All programming is available in English, other languages are available dependent on title. For more information, visit DW Transtel at MIPTV, April 1-4, 2012 at Booth 19.14.
Date2012-03-29 | 9:54